Monday 20 February 2017

Garden musings with Lady V London


In 2017 I wanted to challenge myself to step outside my comfort zone and buy outside the brands I tend to stick to. One brand that’s been on my list for quite a while is Lady V London. When I spotted this gorgeous Taupe floral tea dress of theirs at Tragic Beautiful, I decided to take the plunge and add it to my collection, making it my first ever Lady V London dress.

Flowers ~ Peach double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings ~ Pastel Pink Eclipse studs from Revere Folie
Beads ~ Pastel pink beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Fox brooch from Erstwilder (Discontinued)
Dress ~ Taupe Floral Tea Dress by Lady V London from Tragic Beautiful

I ordered this dress through Tragic Beautiful and as with my past orders it arrived really quickly. This dress caught my eye for its pretty colour scheme of muted greens, pinks and whites. In person, the colours are even more beautiful than I had expected. The computer screen doesn’t do the colours justice. Made of 95% polyester and 5% elastacine its soft to touch and very comfortable to wear. Though this is definitely not one for the super humid days we’ve been having, as the fabric doesn’t breath all that well.


Unsure of sizing I went with what the size chart suggested was my size which was a size 16. Once I had it on though, I could tell that the fabric was a lot stretchier than I expected and realistically in future I should have no issues sizing down to a 14, especially for a better fit around the bust though thankfully I have a sewing whiz mum who can take it in for me so I get a better fit. It does feature an attached back bow, which is a great feature for pulling in the waist to help give a more hourglass look and I find the V back is a nice contrast to the straight front style. The zip does up without any major issues and stayed up all day despite the day I wore it being quite strenuous (movement wise).


The length is a lot shorter than normally wear and I actually think I don’t mind it. Its not so short that its unflattering or to not be able to wear my stockings with it. The length is fun and great for warmer weather days (though not hot days as already mentioned) and I’ve found the length means its versatile enough to be worn with or without a petticoat as well (though if I’m going to be honest, petticoats are more fun). While the dress is a bit big in my bust I find it to be flattering, comfortable and practical: all things I love in a dress.


For accessories I played to the muted pinks and browns in the dress. I wore one of my favorite fox brooches from Erstwilder (she's now been discontinued but these gems do pop up occasionally in recolours and on ebay/buy swap sell pages) and some pastel pink beads from Debstar Designs. Tying into the pink theme I wore eclipse studs in pastel pink from Revere Folie and a peach rose double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs, all of which are Australian businesses.


I hope you’ve all enjoyed this review. Overall I’m super happy with my first Lady V London dress and I cannot wait to add more Lady V London to my wardrobe! While this dress is now sold out on the Lady V London website, it is available from Tragic Beautiful for $109AUD + postage!

A massive thank you to photographer Phil Ingram for these gorgeous snaps too.

Til next time darlings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment