Thursday 11 August 2016

Winter Glamour with Royal Vintage Shoes


The summer season spoilt my feet with gorgeous sandals and strappy shoes. But by winter, I was finding these much beloved styles were leaving my feet freezing cold and often wet (winter is often a damp affair here in Sydney Australia) and I found myself longing for a heel that was enclosed, allowing both protection for my stockings from the wet and a bit of warmth during the cooler months. I’d never bought a pair of oxfords before but after much umming and ahhing about which ones I liked I settled on the Moscato Oxfords by Chelsea Crew from Royal Vintage Shoes and they are exactly what I was looking for!


This is my first pair of Oxfords and I can be honest in saying I didn’t know what to expect. This is also my first pair of Chelsea crew shoes as well. After reading the sizing info I went with my usual BAIT and Miss L Fire size of a 7.5. They arrived to me in Australia in just under a week, which is incredibly quick considering they were coming from the states. RoyalVintage Shoes is always incredibly prompt with posting out items and they always arrive so quickly! I was excited to get them home to try them on, especially as the week they arrived was a particularly wet one! I was thrilled that the 7.5 fit with only a little bit of extra room on my smaller foot.


The first thing I noticed about these shoes is that they are incredibly soft to touch. The sides had a lot of movement and on the inside felt soft to touch. I knew instantly they were going to be incredibly comfortable. The first day I wore these, I wore them with stockings as a safety against blisters. I was delighted to find my first wear only saw some very minor rubbing on the tops of my little toes, with no other discomfort to note at all. The laces were easy to tie and stayed tied the entire day. The heel is high enough to give shape to your legs without causing any noticeable tension through the bottom of the foot and for winter they are a great option, keeping my feet warm and dry during recent bad weather!


The Moscato oxfords are a two tone oxford which is something I was new to styling. Originally feeling a little intimidated by the two colours, as oddly enough I felt when I got my first pair of saddle shoes, I was soon styling these shoes with a variety of different looks (see below!). These shoes are absolutely amazing for a more authentic 1940s/50s look and I absolutely adore it with my suits as well as with a swing skirt! The two tone colouring for me puts them in a similar realm of saddle shoes as well and I really want to play with these shoes and a more casual look as well. 





I can honestly say these shoes have been a dream! With virtually no breaking in period at all, I can wear them easily now with or without stockings. They are comfortable, durable, easy to walk in and absolutely amazing for the cooler weather. I’m honestly having SO much fun styling them and they have quickly become a staple in my weekly shoe wardrobe!


These Chelsea Crew Moscato oxfords retail for just $65US which an absolute bargain! That equates to $84AUD depending on the day. Postage is also very reasonable through Royal Vintage Shoes and incredibly cheap. If the two tone oxfords aren’t to your liking she also has a variety of other oxford styles in block colours as well! There is a pair of oxfords for every taste and style. 


This pinup is also incredibly excited about the new vintage reproduction range coming out by Royal Vintage Shoes, with Pre-Orders now available! These incredibly stunning shoes are so truly beautiful and I cannot wait to share my favorites with you all! So much love, attention to detail and time has gone into making sure this range is just right and if this is what the first range looks like I cannot wait to see what else she achieves! Pre-Orders also have discounts as well, so jump on in and get yourself an amazing pair of Royal Vintage Shoes amazing first range!

That’s all for today darlings! I am so incredibly excited for my upcoming move as well, as it will allow me a greater freedom for my blogging so expect more reviews, better quality photos amongst other things! So keep your eyes peeled for that in September!
Catch all you lovelies later this week!

 Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes as an ambassador with Royal Vintage Shoes,  all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment