Thursday 21 July 2016

In Full Bloom with Karina Dresses


Florals again darlings! More florals in my wardrobe. I feel as if my love of florals is getting a tad silly, but I can’t help myself. Florals are just so pretty, they can brighten the mood almost instantly and in my experience they have a habit of lifting the mood for those around you too, even if wearing flowers isn’t their personal preference. When I saw the Katherine dress from Karina Dresses, I knew I had to make her mine.

Flowers ~ Peach double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Beads ~ Pastel pink necklace from Debtsar Designs
Brooch ~ Perfume bottle brooch from Erstwilder
Dress ~ Katherine dress in floral print from Karina Dresses
Shoes ~ Loraine heels in red from Royal Vintage Shoes
For those of my followers who aren’t familiar with Karina dresses, I feature them regularly on my blog. Some reasons why Karina Dresses are amazing: they are comfortable beyond believe, their classic cuts can be worn with a retro or modern flare making them incredibly versatile, they are iron free! Which is a feature I personally adore and they are made in the USA by ladies working in ethical work conditions! So they are definitely a brand that ticks all the boxes! Katherine for me is a new style from Karina dresses, my first with a higher neck and she honestly exceeded my expectations!


Katherine features a high boat neck, a full knee length skirt and is short sleeved. This makes it a great dress for pinups who work in more professional careers. It also comes with its own wrap around belt, which is a new feature I’ve been having fun playing with since getting my Margaret dress! As a regular belt wearer, its been great to step outside my ‘styling comfort zone’ and try this style of waist cinching, which makes it a great dress for days I’m in a rush!  The sash, being made of the same fabric as the dress does definitely still pull you in, giving great definition to my shape. 


The full skirt is comfortable and as with most of my Karina dresses, I wear it without a petticoat for a more 1940’s look. The lack of a petticoat means it hangs down a little longer over the knee which I personally find more flattering to my shape. As with my previous Karina Dresses, they don't feature a zip or buttons. The fabric has enough stretch to simply pull it over your head. As a curvier girl, outfits with zips can sometimes bunch due to my curves. The lack of bunching is probably one of my favorite features of Karina dresses, as it drives me a little crazy!


I’m wearing the size M/L, which is my regular Karina dresses size. Keep in  if you do er on the smaller size that these dresses will stretch out a little over time with wear. But for comfort, I cannot fault my Karina dresses. In warmer weather my Karina Dresses get a LOT of wear as I can wear them comfortably without aggravating my heat sensitive skin. In winter I pair them with a slip for an extra layer to make them more weather appropriate!


The Katherine dress is also a reasonable $108US which equates to around $144AUD. While that may seem a bit for us Aussie gals I cannot stress the comfort, durability and styling versatility of Karina dresses! They ship worldwide as well as in the US, so ladies who aren’t Australian can also enjoy this gorgeous brand!


I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! I’m so thankful the rain stopped long enough for me to slip into the garden and take these photos! I almost missed my window to share this gorgeous dress with you this week! But it was clearly meant to be!

Also, keep your eyes peeled as I’m currently working on a giveaway for you all with Karina dresses!

Til next time darlings!

 Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Karina Dresses, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a really gorgeous floral print and this dress looks really lovely on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful print! I adore all florals, but go especially weak in the knees for those on dark backgrounds like this charmer.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is divine. I love the cotton candy hues over the dark background. Also, your photography skills are awesome. I love reading blogs with beautifully taken photos!

    ReplyDelete