Saturday 7 May 2016


A little black dress. Something so very timeless, classic and sexy about it, yet its something that up until recently has been incredibly under-represented in my wardrobe. In reality, I actually tend to steer clear of black. I find it to be a bit too bland for my liking and I prefer brighter happier colours. However, when seeing the Patti dress in black from Karina Dresses, I knew I had to give it a try!

Flowers ~ Red Rose Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Beads ~ Vintage
Brooch ~ Marilyn Brooch from Deer Arrow
Dress ~ Patti Dress in Black Pointe from Karina Dresses
Belt ~ Off another dress
Shoes ~ Red Lorraine Heels by B.A.I.T Footwear from Royal Vintage Shoes
The Patti dress is a straight cut dress made of black pointe. As with all Karina Dresses, this beauty is crease free with no need to iron. Simply hand to dry after a wash! Karina Dresses also don't have zips, you simply pull them on which is also a feature I adore as I find sometimes zips can bunch and wrinkle the fabric around them. This dress also features pockets, which is amazing for a wiggle style because honestly, who doesn't love pockets in anything!


The Patti dress also features a square neckline with short sleeves. I likes this shape as I found it could lend itself to both casual and formal looks, while being practical for work. The just above the knee length is also a great versatile length for functionality and practicality. 


I got this dress in a M/L, to accommodate my rather fuller lower half which is my normal size for my Karina dresses! Surprisingly, I didn't find the shoulders too loose which is a huge win as they normally are. This dress is comfortable to wear and flattering with or without foundations. 


I absolutely LOVE the styling options for this dress as well! For this shoot I decided to go with red and white, as I feel they contrast SO well against the black. By belting with such a bright colour it really does highlight the smaller waist. I also love how my Marilyn Brooch from Deer Arrow absolutely pops out from the black background of this dress. My red Daisy Jean Floral Designs Signature Rose Doubles also help bring this look into more of a formal feel.


This dress retails for $108USD which is around $142AUD. I can attest that the price tag is totally worth it! This is my third Karina Dresses dress and I absolutely love them! They are so incredibly comfortable, versatile and practical! And they do ship worldwide!

I hope you've all enjoyed this review! As always, I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have if you pop them in the notes!

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Karina Dresses, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment