Sunday 1 February 2015

Ask Missi ~ An question from Liz

So when I put it to my followers what they wanted to see in this blogspot...I got a resounding answer that you all wanted to be able to ask me specific questions and get specific answers! 

So I made an email address for you to send me your questions (askcurvecreation@gmail.com) and I would answer one question a week for you all! 

I was so excited to get my first question! Thank you so much Liz!

"I have just started in the Pin Up Lifestyle. I love the confidence that seems to radiate from the women. I have been big all my life and have lost about 70lbs. I'm working on being happy in my body.

My question to you is: What advice can you give to me or the other plus size gals, or any girl, who may be searching for a way to grasp onto the confidence and let it shine?

Firstly, well done on your weight loss so far Liz! That is an absolutely AWESOME effort and you should be so proud! I for one am extremely proud of your effort and hard work!

So for me to really answer this I need to give a brief description of where I came from and how I got to where I am to give the full explanation of how I found my confidence. 

Flashback to 18/19 year old me! 




I was sitting at 85kg/187lbs. I was incredibly unhappy with myself and my body. I didn't believe I was capable of anything. I had serious binging issues. I hated looking in the mirror. I thought I was ugly, fat and stupid. 

The path to change for my and my mentality started when I found of my cholesterol was so high I was looking at being a heart attack victim before the age of 25/30. So I did something about it. I changed how I ate and begun to exercise and soon dropped around 10kg/22lbs and my cholesterol dropped back to a healthy range.


Despite the weight loss I was still incredibly self conscious and uncomfortable in my body. I didn't like the cut and fit of the clothes I found and bought in stores. I didn't feel like me.

The change to my mentality started with a lie.....let me explain.

One thing I have learnt from the last 3 years about building self confidence is this: How you talk to yourself plays a massive role in whether you are self confident or not. You dictate your self confidence.

I didn't believe it at first either. But I've come to find its true. I started paying attention to how I would speak to myself...and quite frankly it was no wonder I felt so down all the time. I was regularly say things like: you're stupid, you're fat, you're ugly, etc. I use to believe that because I said these things to myself other people must have been thinking them too. 

So...it started with a lie. Every morning I told myself I was beautiful. Every day I looked in that mirror and told myself my body didn't define me. It started as a lie because it felt like a lie. I didn't believe it. In conjunction with doing this I begun to really monitor my self talk and started actively correcting self thought statements for negative to positive. So for example I'd change thoughts like I'm ugly to I have worth. Over a space of 6 months I did this and my thought processes began to change. I began to not cringe when I looked in the mirror and really started to feel confident within myself.

However for me my confidence really skyrocketed when I actually started to embrace pinup. I discovered pinup when I was around 15 through two amazing women in social Media:

Christina Aguilera during her "Candy Man" Phase



And Dita Von Teese


This is where my love affair started. It would take me 7 years to get the confidence to embrace the style myself and I honestly wish I hadn't taken so long. Through pinup I've found who I am. It's let me grow into a strong, confidence and happy young woman and I don't think I'd be as strong as I am without embracing who I was: a pin up girl.

So really, my advice to any girl who is looking to grasp onto their own confidence so they can shine is to honestly do what makes you happy! If you want to wear something wear it! If you want to try a style, do it! I put off doing what made me happy for 7 years to make others happy and ultimately made myself miserable instead. I'm the happiest I've ever been now, doing what I love. Don't wait, the fear isn't worth putting off something that will let you not only shine, but beam! So take a risk and shine on bright! Start with baby steps, its easier! You don't have to go the whole hog right away! But remember, you never know where you will go with it! I didn't!

Photographer: Lauren Horwood

To ask your own questions feel free to drop me an email at askcurvecreation@gmail.com

Missi aka Miss Osiria Rose

xXx






No comments:

Post a Comment